Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask if anyone built a CCP 13' 3-6 oz. with size 10 guides for the last two guides instead of #12's. With a #10 tip of course. I want to use 10's for the last two guides but am concerned about the shock knot hanging up. I've never gone down to size 10 on other rods. It just seems that 12's are a little big at the top of that blank. TIA for replies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 3 CCP 13' 3-6's being built and I went with size 10 guides. I went to the Casting Demo Day in Rocky Mount and tried a blank that was very close to the CCP and it had size 10's so that is why I decided to use them. I had no issues with the shock knot hanging up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that LT. I'll probably be using a 40lb. shock leader so the knot should be small enough. #12 guides look awful big on that thin upper blank.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Something came up and ended up not building it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The inside diameter of rings in size 10 for Torzite (Fuji) and Silicon Nitride (SeaGuide) is about the same as size 12 in Alconite (Fuji).
Torzite is available in titanium frames. Silicon Nitride is available in titanium and 316L stainless steel frames.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The inside diameter of rings in size 10 for Torzite (Fuji) and Silicon Nitride (SeaGuide) is about the same as size 12 in Alconite (Fuji).
Torzite is available in titanium frames. Silicon Nitride is available in titanium and 316L stainless steel frames.
Thanks for that info Don. I wasn't aware of that. Decided to just go with the recommended layout using the #12's. Just in case there is a warranty issue. I kept the wraps small so there shouldn't be much of a weight issue. Can't bring myself to go titanium.

·
Registered
491 Posts
"Can't bring myself to go titanium."

Ditto.
That's why I use the Silicon Nitride rings with stainless steel 316L frames. It's more affordable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts