Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are interested in doing a Tog charter in DE, I have reserved the Grizzly for October 12, which is a Sunday. The price is 600 dollars for up to 10 people. There was a lot of interest in the Spring for this trip but fell apart. Hopefully I can get more interest this time around. The limit for tog is 10 per person at 14 inches. For those of you who are interested let me know.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Count me in buddy!:D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Would love to join you guys but Sunday afternoon's in the fall are reserved the Raven's football.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Anthony!

Ed and I usually do a big trip Columbus Day weekend, and this could be a good break. I'll run it pass Ed, but I think you can pencil us in. I'll confirm by tomorrow....

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Nice! Am looking forward to the "tog master" showing us some new tricks.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings Jason!

Ed's caught more legal tog off of boats than me (come to think of it, I can't remember ever catching a legal tog off a boat!) I'm more of a jetty jockey... I'm at a definite disadvantage when the blackfish are 60 to 90 feet below me. No use watching your line or holding it between your thumb and forefinger for the tap-tap at THAT depth!

I don't think there ARE any new tricks to tog fishing. There was one boat that swore spraying WD-40 on your green cab bait caught more and bigger fish (maybe they just wanted to sell WD-40?) Maybe I'll have cocoflea mail me down a couple of dozen big old sandworms.

It'll be a level playing field, my friend. Time to stock up on 10 oz sinkers!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well then I suggest we put some money into a fish pool and see who can bag the biggest one. I think I will be at a total disadvantage because I have never fished for tog from a boat but I think I can handle myself so I am in for it. $5 to 10 a head sounds reasonable to me.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You send the loot to your pocket until the day of the trip. You are all my friends so there's no need to send me the money. I think that Jason is trying to hustle us, he already caught a keeper tog on a jetty in his first attempt at toging. We should try to convince Catman to come with us, he can tape the game or listen to it while we are fishing. It should be a fun trip, I may be able to convince the captain to do a little striper fishing if they are running good but would rather fish for tog. We'll see how the reports are next month.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
DUKE!!!! If you say you are gonna go you can't back out man! I get so hyped that I might actually get to fish with you again and then WHAM! No dice!:p Anthony has already reserved the charter so I think we just need to pay him when we get there. I believe he is taking his girl and Dad with him so we still have room for a couple more. Will be glad to fish with you again my friend.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hee Hee Anthony beat me to it. Too slow I guess.:p SHHHH don't tell em Anthony I was gonna split it with you 80(me)/20(you) :D I too think we should get the catman to join us. We should try peer pressure on him and see if he cracks.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Girlfriend is a possibility, dad isn't. My dad has to work that weekend so he probably won't be able to make it. Yeah pressure Catman as much as we can. I know that he like to go wreck fishing so it's just a matter of convincing him that fishing with friends on our own charter is much better that watching a Ravens game that he can tape and watch later. :D
-Anthony

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I can't take the pressure any longer - I'm in. Where can I send my check Anthony. I'm sure you've already laid out money. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For those of you who feel the need to pay, then let me know and I will send you a PM.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That's what I am talking about. I knew we could get him! Sounds like this is gonna be one good trip we got going here. I think this is the same people that wanted to go last year right.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings All!

Ed says its a go! Ned some basic info on where the boat is located so we can book a room for the weekend. As humble civil servants, we have Monday off. We're going to try and combine this trip with an outing to the Old Grounds for doormat fluke on one of the local party boats (its a shorter boat ride than coming from Cape May, NJ.) So how's about posting the pertinent data about the Grizzly, and Ed and I will work out the details.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings catman!

Remember -- no spearfishing! All fish must be caught by hook and line! With you and Duke of Fluke there, I should be able to relax and take photos while you guys fill my cooler.... Do blues count in the pool? I might be tempted to drop some mackeral fillets down on that wreck! Guess I'll have to get cocoflea to Fedex my sandworms....

1 - 20 of 118 Posts