Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a P & S get together that was being planned for the spring that fell through. I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing one in the fall sometime in October when the limit for tautog is 10. If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can set something up. The rates are $600 for up to ten people and $35 for every additional person up to 14. I will call if there is enough interest to see what dates are open.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Anthony, are you sure about the rate?
I just called them last week and they told
me that it was $700, add the mates tip and
it comes out close to $800, rent a rod
(equipment is extra) and so on and so on.
On the other hand if you get your limit of ten Taug then all's good! Smile.
I am definitely interested eithor way.
Thanks for taking the lead.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The rate is correct unless you are doing the offshore wreck trip which the due during the summer then it is $ 700. I am definately in, will write a check immediately as long as it is after the limit goes up 10. Seabassing is ok but tog are where it is at! I have some sneakie tricks for sticking those theiving bastages.

I'd be happy to help in way necessary to set this up.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Ditto what sandcrab said, I am in.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that there is enough interest but we will need a few more people. I want to limit this trip to ten people but a few more wouldn't hurt. I will call them this afternoon to see what weekends are open in october.
-Anthony

·
Registered
59 Posts
I fish the Lil Angler, not the Grizzly, in Lewes a LOT for tog...probably more than I do anything else....but I do see the Grizzly a lot while we're out fishing and going into and out of the inlet.

For ANY form of fishing more than 10 people on a charterboat of that size is beginning to get crowded....you're going to be almost shoulder to shoulder. It's not a walkaround boat. I've seen big parties on the Grizzly and it looks pretty crowded.

The new Lil' Angler II is about the size of the Grizzly, and I go on his "makeup" trips ($65 a person, but generally only on weekdays, you need to call about 5 days ahead of time) and he limits those to no more than 8 people.

Also, in the Fall you can go on a combo tog/striper trip; fish for stripers while the tide is running, tog at the slack. Usually one or the other, and sometimes bothm will be biting. If you only go for one of the species you may well spend 1/2 the day not catching anything. You can't really drift for stripers well with 8+ people.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Everyone,
I called but couldn't contact him but did get an e-mail response from him saying Oct 12 is open but it is a Sunday. I am definitely interested in going. If anyone else is intereseted let me know as soon as possible so I can reserve that day.
-Anthony

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
I'd rather spend a couple of buck$ extra and go out on Capt. Monty's Morning Star. Just MHO.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Catman,
I would too but I think that he will be mainly fishing for seabass and usually that time of year the seabass will be running really thick which can make it hard to fish for tautog. I think that we may be able to do a rockfish/tautog trip combo but let me check to make sure.
-Anthony

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
If you guys decide on a date for a weekend tog fishing trip, I'm in.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got another e-mail from the Captain saying that he will hold the 12th of October for us for a few days. I would like to see who wants to go before I make a deposit for the trip.
-Anthony

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have put a deposit down for the 12th of October. Hopefully I can round up enough people to go with me. I saw a few people that are interested but would like a few more.
-Anthony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts