Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Tank on Sat. Oct. 22 from about 5:00 - 10:00 pm, great weather and not too many people. Caught my first legal stripper on bloods, left mine at home, some gentleman was leaving and had a few he didn't want. I t was only 18 1/2 ", but he was legal and will be eaten tonight. Also caught a cat and some ugly fish a gentlemen told me was a Toad fish. All in all a great evening.

From what I heard from people leaving when I got there, the fishing had been pretty slow except a few cats.

Hopefully will be there Friday afternoon - evening or Saturday again.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Tank Catch

Nice catch Orest! Which side were you fishing on? Hope yours tasted as good as mine did last week...:)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talbot side, did not cross new bridge to Cambridge, lamp post 42, fishing with my back to new bridge.

I had just drop fresh bloods over side and he hit it; was using my 6 1/2 ' rod with my Abu 5500C reels.

Gota see about getting a mag conversuion for it, can't cast it far without getting a birds nest.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taste was great

Murphman the fish was great. First time having a stripper.

Just salt/pepper, a dusting of flour and pan fried in butter.

Was great, can't wait for another.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I got to eat mine all by myself a few weeks ago..just dipped in egg..dusted with cracker meal and JO crab seasoning..boy it was good! Can't wait until my next! Hopefully this weekend! :)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Way to go Orest. You'll catch many more stripers but that 18 1/2"er is the one you'll always remember nor will you forget the kind person that gave you the bloods.

Catman.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fisrt Legal Stripper

Murphman and CatMan -

Thanks for your replies. Can't wait untill I catch the next one.

Probably will hit the Tank Friday afternoon/evening after work.

Gota fish at least one day a week, since SPSP is closing so darn early, maybe will fish there on the Nov. 11 since I have that day off. Unless the wife would like to do something together. She does fish.

Catman your are so right about remembering the event, that's why I was grinning from ear to ear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts