Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the west side the last couple of days with some sucess. Tues. fished outside with 5 other fisher-folks from 1700-1830 and caught Blues, Flounder, Striper & Greys. Personal best was a 8lb. Grey. From 1830-2000 the inside lit-up with a great run of large Greys. All total there was a couple dozen or so fish caught, the smallest was around 28" and the biggest that I saw was weighed @ Bubbas and went 11lb. 12oz. Unfortunately I stayed outside too long and by the time I moved inside to join the crowd it was too late and the bite was off. Went back last night and fished from 1930-2200. Saw a couple of nice Flounder caught on the outside and I managed a 2/3lb. Blue that tore-up my Storm. Moved inside about 2100 to see if the Greys would return and wound up catching one that was close to the size of the night before and snagged another that went 3/4lb. Saw a couple others caught inside during the same time but nothing like Tues. night.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All day 2$ for Va. Beach residents & 4$ for non- res. After 1700 it's 1$ for everyone.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really haven't fished that side much in the last 7-8 yrs. after the Specks quit running as hard and after finding out how much better the fishing is on the other side.I do remember the last few years they did set up a parking lot ($$ taking) attendant after 8-9 in the a/m, but if you get there early..... no problem. I've been fishing over there for probably a little over 20yrs. and have never had a problem with parking. The owner is pretty lenient towards fishermen as long as you don't park right up front during business hours. Heck they started out as a bait/coffee/beer/resturant years ago and grew into what they are today. I can remember renting a 16' boat & outboard from them to fish the CBBT not too many years ago, but I've been at it a little longer than most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts