Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great Morning Jet Ski Fishing up in Chesapeake Bay today. I towed from Poquoson Va. and dropped at Deltaville then ran 20 miles up the Bay. I caught three nice Striped Bass drifting live eels for bait, kept one 44 incher.

I was forty miles up the Bay on my Jet Ski, fishing. My wife texted me this picture she took from our back yard, Poquoson Va.. Thanks Honey!

One of the Heron in my backyard waiting for leftovers.

My wife is not big on being on the water when it is cold. We have had some awesome December temperatures in the 70's all week. I convinced her to go out Sunday afternoon. We rode the Jet Ski off of Cape Henry and saw whales and dolphins for a couple of hours. Great Couple of Days!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just curious Brian, but, have you ever been caught in a bad weather situation way out there on your jetski? It would scare the sh%t out of me to be that far away in the bay/ocean on a small craft like that. I had a 22' center console in Deltaville for a few years but got caught in heavy winds/rain/snow/fog and gave it up for the feet in the sand fishing.....just got to rough for me. Once we were in sight of the marina (300yds) and a heavy wind came from up river and hit us so hard we couldn't keep the nose down as waves/winds kept pushing us sideways and almost through me and my brother overboard....rough memory. Anyway, not wishing any of these on you and greatly appreciate the reports and terrific pictures! Keep safe!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been out on my jet skis over 1500 times in the last 12 years. In the bay, along the coast, offshore up to 100 miles and twice to the Bahamas. Some trips coming or going were not very fun, 9-12 seas, I have never got to the point where I felt my life was over but the long trudge home on a real rough day is never fun. The ski takes rough water very well but you have be physically up to it in sloppy conditions. I drift my eels mostly 15-20 out from the bobber or with a small sinker. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts