Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thrifty Dont mean to cut in

but I forgot what whread we were on. Graphic is right that Photoshop is the best but it comes at a big price. Paintshop is $100.00 or less and will optimize photos as well as resize and all kinds of other things. Just to retouch some fishing pics I think Photoshop would be overkill when price is considered.

·
Registered
300 Posts
lol landlocked - you are probably right. Photoshop and Corel Draw are both imperative to me but I think you are right about what you said.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well landlocked

that clears up the mystery as to whether or not I have Paintshop. I have what's simply Paint. The freeby in the Microsoft preprogrammed stuff. :rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

maybe this digital cam stuff is a bit expensive for my needs. Maybe I should go back to the standard 35 mm and use the scanner instead to submit photos.

On the other hand if I spend $40 for pier admission, bait, ice, snacks, essential hooks and rigs, etc...and bring home 2 fish, then figure in the cost of photoshop at $100 bucks divided by those two fish:jawdrop: .........

Maybe I need to find another hobby.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thrifty The freebee paint that comes with the pc is not the same as paintshop. No comparison. Paintshop makes improving photos easy and has a bunch of neat options you will never use. the resizing feature will make the changes with a few clicks as well as the optimizing to reduce file size. Also, lighten/darken etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are a ton of programs for little or nothing to do what you want but it would require learning them which may or may not be something your interested in doing. Easiest thing to do would be to set your camera's file size to as close or just smaller than the required size. If your not familiar with the settings in your camera...just find a place that sells them and they should set it for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts