Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Grandview this weekend with the crew and Big T and his son. Should of tried Seagull with Cdog and Budlight. But the winds changed in our favor. No cobias landed but atleast on sunday we did see one lost . But like i told Big T atleast you had practice fighting fish with the cownose rays. Both Big T and his son had plenty of practice. I am also happy in the way the Grandview crew welcomed the new comers. Thats what is all about having a good time and learning from each other.
I fished Grandview yesterday June 23 , saw about 6 rays caught i had 2 nice runs with no hook ups. But that is fishing. Hope to see you Big T and son and hopefully next time Cdog and Budlight can join us. James

·
Registered
96 Posts
Flatline,

I wanted to say thanks to not only you but to all of the crew for the warm welcolme that we had on our first Cobia expedition on Grandveiw. The peole there were very friendly and both my son and I enjoyed ourselfs very much. I am planning on coming back down this weekend. I still have to confirm that with the wife. But I will be touching basis with you later on in the week to cordinate this up coming weekend.

Once agin thanks for all of you help as well as the rest of the crew.

P.S. Jazz has been tying knots every since we have been back home.:cool: :D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
James we shoulda hit Grandview with you. Wind sucked. :( Give me a holla before ya head out again.

·
Registered
255 Posts
i was out at granview on monday. all i caught was a bunch of threadfin, few rays, and a 14" grey. i was out there with a friend of mine. he hooked into his first ray and it went strait for the end of the pier and someone down there decided to cut the line. most of the people down there are nice but whoever cut line on that pole left me with barely any line left. kinda pissed me off. though the next ray we caught people down there were alot nicer and tried to help get it up on the pier. the raqy had swam under the pier and around a piling and i had to fight it like that. i think the only reason anyone help out that time was they were impressed that the line was holding up and not breaking while being wrapped around the piling. over all good day, though would of liked to see some spanish out.

nick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nick i was the one asking about what kind of line you had . I was alittle impress on how it wrapped around the pilings. Im the one that was looking at your line after you broke off.
If im not mistaken we had like 4 people trying to help get your fish on the plank??? But whoever cut your line that is not right i would only cut it if your line was tangling with other rigs and even then i would ask first if i can cut it. Pier etiquette is to respect other's property. Yesterday we hooked into a screamer, fish came on top and it was all on my line i just cut my line so the man can land his fish. At the end the man just had cobia fever it was just a cownose ray. Oh well thats fishing James

·
Registered
255 Posts
james, the first ray my friend hooked that one someooone cut, not sure who , i didnt see it i walked down to get my smokes then come back, the line was definatly cut though. the second one there were a few people that were trying to help, i wasnt paying to much attetion, i was trying to not be pulled under the pier while i was fighting it. usually every time i go there people are really nice, thats why i like grandview. buckroe is different. well maybe next time im there there will be a cobe or 2 out and less rays. nice to see some people from p&s out there. maybe we can meet up again sometime.

nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts