Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is now an attempt to gather support to begin rebuilding Grandview Pier, as she was lost to Isabel. We are in need of all support in any way that you can help us as soon as possible so that we can convince the city of Hampton to assisst us in our effort. All interested parties please E-mail me at [email protected].
Thank you.[email protected]

·
Registered
440 Posts
You may not be aware but the city is applying for a grant to extend the buckroe pier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grandview Pier is Gone...

Having been in contact with Renee Riley, there are a number of us getting ready to hit the streets with petitions to obtain help, financial, materials, city, etc., to begin the steps to begin rebuilding Grandview, so that all of us can enjoy her again. We know more than a few that will donate labor, and of course we need all of any assistance that we can obtain.
We know that the city of Hampton wants another pier, and without them they are losing quite a lot of revenue, as well as a place where families can enjoy fishing together and teaching children about the wonderful resources of the Chesapeake Bay. We need any and everyone concerned with this project to contact everyone they know to rally and contact allgovernment (city and state) officials to back us and help with funding, supplies, labor, publicity, etc. Petitions are available from me if you e-mail me to circiulate.
We know the owner of Buckroe doesn't really want to rebuild because of the headaches he has had from the residents of the condo's of Buckroe that considered the pier an eyesore.
Any help and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I will respond to everyone that contacts me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Vicki, I live right down the street from the pier, I'm in. Let me know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Vicki, thanks for the information. I had "rediscovered" Grandview just last year. It was my favorite Bay pier. Sure hope you can get something done.

I live in Richmond, and about all I can do is wish you luck and encourage you to keep us posted here about what is going on.

Can you get petitions posted in the local bait stores?

If a ton of signatures gets anything done, that's one place I would be sure to go. After all, it is in their best interest to have places for us to use those $8 bloodworms!

I bet Greentop here would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts