Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Grandview this morning from 2:30am - 8:30am. Wind was kicking up from time to time and made it a little chilly.

Caught two small croaker as soon as I got there on Squid/Flounder rig. Nothing else until around 6:30-7:30am this morning when a small school of nice croaker (1-2 lbs) came through with some spot as well. Managed to get a few of those, but only a few, then the bite went away again. Left around 8:30am with the wind picking up a bit and the water was pretty stirred up.

Not much of anything else caught besides croaker and spot that I saw, except that annoying little black sea bass, and plenty of crabs taking your bait.

Headed back out later tonight if the weather holds up. Most likely headed to Harrison's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
grandview

I was also on grandview saturday morning from 4:30 to 9:00 am.
Hubby caught a nice size croaker that we gave to a guy who was next to us who said he had been there since 2:30 and hadnt caught anything since he had been there.Was kinda dissapointed with grandview. I used to fish there all the time when i was a kid and remember the attendents being real friendly . The attendent was asleep when we arrived and had to wake him up to get on to pier.He wasnt very friendly and couldnt tell us what was being caught. LOL he looked kinda hung-over But maybe he had a rough night. We didnt stay to long because son got bored real quick.LOL told hubby we should have went to buckroe.There was one women who seem to be catching alot of croaker but she was using crab for bait and we where using squid.However i will say the people on the pier where as friendly as ever but thats fisherman/women for you.All in all it was I fun trip Hope we have better luck next time.

Remember its not about what you catch its the fun you have catching it

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You shoulda let the attendant sleep and walk on in free.No sense waken him up!!!!.......the R

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luv2fish,

I was the one next to you when you got there. My Grandmother thanks you for the croaker! Sorry it didn't pick up for you later.

Dixie

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dixie,
That is cool I would have never had guess that the first time on the pier after joining this board I would meet someone from here.Hope you had better luck than we did. Son got bored real quick when the fish just wouldn't cooperate.We stayed about 5 hours .Glad your grandma enjoyed the fish. Hope we all have better luck next time.:) Did you get to harrison's if so did you have any luck there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts