Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is there any good fishing at grandview beach in hampton this time of year?I talked with a guy at the bar ,he told me that spot is "uncharted fishing water",and should produce some good fish.So,that was bar talk, any of you guys know anything about the spot please let me know.I want to try this spot out on Friday so any info will be helpfull.
:fishing:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The bite is usually best around Halloween. My oldest son has fished there a couple times recently with no luck, but that doesn't mean they won't be there. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yeh thats blue fish rock area!! Good spot up the beach from buckroe but you have to watch all the gill nets in the spring and summer oh and also the 500,000 crab pots. If you go look for a small mountain of rocks at the point thats blue fish rock. Good cobia place when the bite is on. Very little action there now but im sure there is a striper or two still lingering

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh thats blue fish rock area!! Good spot up the beach from buckroe but you have to watch all the gill nets in the spring and summer oh and also the 500,000 crab pots. If you go look for a small mountain of rocks at the point thats blue fish rock. Good cobia place when the bite is on. Very little action there now but im sure there is a striper or two still lingering
Mud thats exactly were im tryin get is on those rocks,I usualy fish the other side of the point right behind those million dollar homes and i've caught plenty sharks.But iits a long strole down the beach though.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Slight correction their guys. The pile of rocks you can see from the beach is the last of the Backriver Light house. Bluefish rock is about a mile and a half offshore of there. Bluefish rock is not visable, it is a pile of balast rock that the old time sailing ships would throw over board before entering the harbor.
And yes, Bluefish rock is a good Cobia fishing spot.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Slight correction their guys. The pile of rocks you can see from the beach is the last of the Backriver Light house. Bluefish rock is about a mile and a half offshore of there. Bluefish rock is not visable, it is a pile of balast rock that the old time sailing ships would throw over board before entering the harbor.
And yes, Bluefish rock is a good Cobia fishing spot.
That's correct. There are a ton of humps and ledges out there around BF rock. The light house ruins do hold fish though, and I have seen cobia there in the past.

·
Registered
728 Posts
you can wade out to the rocks but be careful and make sure you go on a REALLY slack tide your first time wading out there. The old rubble going out to the light house rock is still there and in the begining of each year there's a new foot hole ready to break yo' ankle!

Good fishing can be found sometimes but you really got to pay attention to winds and tides. be prepared to walk

·
Registered
370 Posts
grandview beach

I would echo Jay. I've given a lot of first aid to folks who cut feet,legs, and fell on jagged metal and wood. It's high risk to wade in without knowing what lies below. Low tide (especially during a full moon cycle) is the best time to find out whats there. This place is its own OBX. Changes constantly. When you look it over and decide to go in take it slowly and feel your way. You can be in one foot water, then three pretty quick. :fishing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.