Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the pier early fri am.nothing going on much.but there is a skate? swimming around with my new shimano 4000 !!!!!!!!!!!if you happen to catch him .dont throw him back.....KILL HIM!!GOING FISHING AGAIN THIS WEEK BUT DONT KNOW WHERE.anything going on at james river bridge pier?

·
Registered
239 Posts
It takes a real man to admit a goof. I lost penn surf rods/reels + 1 diawa longcast to the surf a few months ago in a period of 45 minutes when i was goofing around w/ a fly rod around hatteras inlet. The tides rose especially fast, softened the sand, and they were gone so fast i thought they were stolen until I saw the spikes. 8(---)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had a live mullet out on a fish-finder rig last year, using too small of a rod when we saw the rod bow and come flyling out of the rod holder and start scooting along the beach to the water.

I lumbered (ie: running for the less of weight and more fleet of foot) down the beach, and oblivious to the $100 cellphone, new leather wallet, $200 pair of sunglasses and car keys in my back pocket ... managed an outstanding "Dominick Hasek" kick-save and saved the $29.99 Wal-Mart combo.

In the process soaking the computer chips in the cellphone, providing extra shrinkage to new leather wallett, cracking the earpiece on the glasses, and ramming a car-key into my backside that left an interestingly shaped bruise.

But I did manage to save the rod/reel.

Didn't get the fish.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A HANDFULL BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jake, that just shows you've got your priorities in order:D

LMAO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts