Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have voted, I am free to hit the beach (Myrtle Beach - Pawley's Island) for some fishing. Would I be better off, weather and fishing wise, to fish Wednesday - Friday, or Thursday - Saturday?

What fish should I target this week? Any particular area hot right now? I am a catch and release type guy so I enjoy both numbers and size. I am planing on keeping one a day for supper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am Going Over To Myrtle Beach The 6-9 Th The Weather Will Be Nice In The Lower 70's
Go To The Weather And Put In Zip Code 29582. And Check It Out. I Will Be Inshore Fishing On A Charter The 7.Th . Then Down To Springmaid Pier .6,8 Th May Try Some Surff Fishing. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
why just not fish all the days?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've been doing well off the piers for whiting and weakfish. Using double drop bottom rig with circle hooks 2/0 and chunk mullet. Also been getting the occasional blue. Last sunday me and my son brought home 6 bull whiting, 12 weakfish(smallest 13 in largest 17 in). Also 5 blues one being 4 1/2 pound but we dont eat blue. We fished the incoming high and outgoing tide. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts