Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught my first fish using a gotch plug. Caught a 15" blue on Monday at Lynnhaven. I do a lot of my fishing at night. Are there any good artificials that work at night. Saw a couple guys using gotchas in the lights at Seagull. Will gotchas work on nights with good moonlight? :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
It all depends. Most any lure that works during the day will also work at night and vice versa. Conditions matter: water, weather, fish hunger, bait fish available, etc.

What worked last night may not work tonight in the same spot though it may work 100 yards away.

Don't be afraid to try something new and don't be stubborn and refuse to change terminal rigs when the fish won't cooperate with what you're using now.

Tightlines.....Kurt

·
Registered
145 Posts
Blues seem to love gotcha plugs, I thingk everyone who uses this site has a silver, chartuese, and a white w/ red head gotcha, like they said don't be afraid to try different lures, I have been through half my box before I found what they wanted and then stuck with what worked, when the blues are thick and hungry I think they will hit just about anything, good luck If you need any tips this is the site, If you have ?'s you will get them answered here. :D [/LIST]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have had good luck with those glow in the dark gotcha's under the lights at granview. hold them under the light for a sec to charge up then cast out. worked real good for trout and blues.

nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts