Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AI this morning - 7:30-2:00 PM. Caught a couple of skates at the beach area near the South parking lot. Was chilling out relaxing when a couple of bozo's (Anthony and Jason) snuck up behind me a scared the heck out of me. They took me back down to the ORV zone for a couple of hours of fishing and relaxing. The weather was beautiful and the water somewhat flat. Good SE wind. I ended up with 2 more skates and 1 small shark. They dropped me back off at my car and they headed North into TOG country! Really good fishing with Pier and Surf friends...

I'll let those guys post their catches...or almost catches...

Sandcrab

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
uhhh

I broke the skunk with my skate and ling cod but that was about it for me. Anthony aka. the sharkslayer has a good(well maybe sad) story to tell, don't you!:D

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Do I really have to tell them? Alright here goes. We get there around 12:30 and get our rods out at 12:45. Me and Jason only put one rod out since we weren't expecting much and I was planning on getting some rest for the morning "run". About 1:00 Jason goes flying outta the truck when he heard one of the bells ringing. He thought that it was on his rod, but he then yells out that it's on my line. I go out there and start reeling and I have a decent sized fish on. I get the fish up to the wash and was planning on bringing it in on the next wave, but that was my mistake. All of a sudden the line goes slack and I yell out a few words that I cannot mention on this site. Things looked good for the night but all I could catch was a few sharks that night. The next morning we picked up Sandcrab and proceeded to fish some more. All I caught was a few more sharks. Me and Jason decided to try our luck at toggin' but we couldn't seem to get any. I had a fish on for about 6 seconds before it got off the hook that had a little size to it but probably wouldn't have been a keeper. Oh well no "gamefish" to boot but it was nice to be out in such nice weather and it's always a plus to fish with buddies. Looks like that we should have made it to NC with the reports that the NC guys are giving us. Maybe next time. It was still nice to get some pullage in 2004.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah that was our one nice fish but we will get em next time. Oh and don't be so shy sharkslayer! Those "few" you say you caught was actually almost 10!!!:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
HE

wants to say it was a shark but we all know it was a rock just by the way it fought and how it happened.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
They are still there!

If that is what you really want to know. The big sharks have moved out with the cooler water, leaving small blacktips, dog sharks and skates behind to pass the time. Most rock caught are fairly large 30 to 40 in range but they are definitely stragglers. This warmer weather I think had em stirred up a little and they were feeding more.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I hate to admit it but it was very likely a striper. It gave me a real hard run just before it got off. It was the only thing that pulled drag all weekend.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I wish you guys had come down to NC. It was a beautiful site,birds an boats as far as you could see an fish that would hit anything. Heck two of em hit my lures. ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I know! I know! Anthony was even saying that in the car too, but we just couldn't make it:( Hopefully next time.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts