·
Registered
517 Posts
From the Gorilla Glue website

TECHNICAL SPECS

APPLICATION TEMPERATURE – 32° to 100° F, best at room temperature
SERVICE TEMPERATURE – -20° to 180° F
OUTDOOR – Yes

MOISTURE RESISTANT – Water resistant – not recommended for continual water exposure

PAINTABLE – Yes – Can be painted with oil-based and spray. acrylic/latex and stains require sanding
SANDABLE – Yes
STAINABLE – Yes – Will require sanding
EXPANDS WHEN CURED – No
CURED COLOR – Clear
TECHNICAL STANDARDS – ANSI/HPVA Type II
STORAGE TIPS – Store in a cool, dry location. Store with access to light, if possible.
GAP FILLING – Minimal

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good intel- I'm gonna try it this weekend, and report back. NOTE: I used devcon two-ton to do full builds for years before the internet, back when you had to send a check in to Clemens and wait for it to clear after somehow a catalog found its way into your mailbox. Those rods may have yellowed a might over 25 years, but I only used red, gold and black back then, so it actually looked cool, and they are just as structurally intact today. Same for 5 minute epoxy- maybe not "waterproof" but I have repaired several dozen light rods with it on the tips with zero issues, some with heavy use: they come back years later with insert knocked out again, but epoxy fine and dandy.

My hack: I buy craft brushes from wally and toss them. 10 cents apiece or so in multipack.

Normally I use clear nail lacquer on jigs, but I like the idea of something more durable.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've also used Devon 5 minute epoxy on rod guide thread, way back in the day when I didn't have a rod dryer, and I still have a few of those rods, over 30 years old and the thread wraps are beaten up in some cases but tight as ever. Maybe for skishing the GC and 5min epoxy might be an issue.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts