Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may consider this SPAM but that is not my intention, just passing on a good deal on pure lead.

I just recieved a 50 lb shipment of 99% pure lead for from a dude on e-bay called Junkateer Jerry. I paid $59.95 for 50 lbs and he paid the shipping and their was no tax,,,straight $59.95 off my PayPal account.

I ordered it last Thursday, it came in today via US Postal Service boxed in a nice press board wooden box (that will see other uses) and the ingots are easy to handle 2 pounders.

Anyway here is the url:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50+-LB--LEAD-WH...temQQimsxZ20090321?IMSfp=TL090321178006r34545

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did actually have to buy wheel weights about a year ago when the price of lead was very high but most of the time I can just go to the local garages and get them for free. You have to deal with the clips but that's no big deal and wheel weights make excellent sinkers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I do the same thing. Have a local tire shop saving the old leads for me and I collect once a week. Prior to that I used motorcycle batteries. Once ya burn off the toxic gases, it works fine. Best part, it's al free!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I just send my brother to the bottom of the James to pull up old weights for me to melt down. He sends me the old weights I melt them and pour fresh weights give a few back to him and save some for me. I started out with wheel weights but after using the remelt I havent switched back.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I make 3-6 oz Storm Sinkers and with a Do-IT Mold I bought and sell them to local bait shops and I jack the price up to about double what I paid for the lead and the brass eye and the soft lead is the best for pouring that large of mold. Not a big operation at all, just a way to help pay for my fishing trips to the coast.

So now with this new lead I can sell the 6 oz sinkers for $1 buck a piece. What they get for them is their business but they can generally tack on 50-75 cents and sell them all day long

I also have a Lee .454 round ball mold I use to make balls for my 1858 Remington Black Powder Revolver. I do this just for myself cause it just flat saves me money. A box of 100 Hodgen .454 will cost me about $13-15 dollars but I can make them for about $3.00 for 100

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.