Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love braid too mutch;I need to use a good visibilty mono of 15lb test for the tornaments.I love the castabilty,sensitivity,and low strech of braids.I wan't to use a line I can cast in the tornament and fish with.I baught some blue Offshore Angeler Extreme in 20-25lb test.Will this work for both mentioned?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
The line has to meet specs. First it has to be a neon color (Solar, green, orange) and has to be .28mm in diameter. I think this relates to 12 lb test line and nothing less.

Unless you plan on fishing with neon line in lighter pound tests (to get more distance), it is tough to do both. Last casting tournament I respolled my Daiwa conventional with Trilene Big Game Solar in 15 lb test just for the tournament. I replaced it with 20 lb Trilene Inshore as soon as I got home as I did not like the TBG line. I prefer 20 lb test in the surf.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't wan't it to be too bright,it might scare fish.I was looking for somthing in a pink color would that work.I don't want bright yellow type line.Well,Probily, buy that type just for Tournements ;) ;if I go to one :confused: . :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you're talking about SportcastUSA casting tournaments, suggest you visit their website for a review of the rules which state that HiVis line is required - no less than .31mm running line to throw 150g weight, and no less than .28mm running line to throw 125g weight. If your purpose is to use same line between tourney casting and fishing, and the breaking strain (lb test) of the (minimum diam) tourney line is too light for your fishing preference, you can always use a higher diam line (thus a greater lb test) in the tournaments. It's your choice, so long as the line meets the MINIMUM diameter requirements. Personally, I wouldn't use my fishing line on the field, for fear it might be chewed up, nicked, frayed, or otherwise damaged, thus sacrificing safety on the tourney court.

If you're worried about scaring fish with HiVis lines, virtually all (mono) lines are invisible to fish underwater. The High Visibility is for the benefit of us humans above water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.