Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of the difficulty in finding good fresh bait. The problem has been solved with the re-opening of the Asian market at Great Neck Road and Virginia Beach Blvd. They even have fresh mullet, shrimp and squid that has not been previously frozen.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
That's my secret bait shop!

HEHE:D .......Used to go to D&M,but found that Asian Market's stuff is a lot fresher!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Don't tell them you are going to use it for bait, they get kinda testy.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Here's another one of my other secrets......Get good with the guy at the counter by giving them some freshly caught skate or ray wings......They have given me free ice before....and will toss in an extra mullet/fatback:D

Yeah,1 man's trash is another man's treasure.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
That's where I go to get bait. I usually pick up things like clams, shrimp and squid to use for bait. I usually don't get fish for bait since they don't carry much bait type fish.

·
Registered
634 Posts
another asian market i go to is "fortune oriental market" in the timberlake shopping center off holland road(across the street from animal jungle pet store)...very large store and big selection of fresh fish and frozen stuff..that reminds me... i'm running out of gyoza :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
thanx

yea i thought i heard of it. I have to go check it out. thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts