Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word have it Ocean City have it going on day and night, Pier and Surf, Jetty and Bulk Head. Croakers, Flounder, Stripers (at night), Tog, Whiting and Trout. Fishing has been hot for the past couple weeks and stripers have been extremely abundant with the cooler weather. It might take longer to get there but its worth it from what I hear.:eek:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sounds like Anthony and I need to take a trip!;) :D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I'm on vacation in OC form Sat. 23rd. through Sat 30th. Our condo at the Camelot is right on the beach so it's out the door and across the sand for surf fishing. I usually have a line in the water by 5:30 AM. By 8:00 AM the beach goers arrive so it's breakfast and a drive down to the inlet for a little more fishing. My wife is treating me to an overnight offshore marlin charter. It's my first marlin trip so I'm really excited about it. I'm looking forward to a week packed with fishing so I'm hoping the rock are still around.

Catman.

·
Registered
720 Posts
catman, where are good fishing spots at OC? I think we'll be doing the normal boardwalk thing during the day but I'd like to get some fishing in at night. Are there piers or areas of beaches to fish at night? This will be my first time so I'm clueless :rolleyes:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mole we have been suprised again with puffers at the choptank mouth. I heading down to OC on saturday since i have that day off. I have a puffer and tog fetish that i have to fulfill by the end of the year and right now is prime. After sun rise i'll be on the 2nd-4th st. bulkhead fishing for tog after that I'll be on the oceanic pier during the change of tide for puffers and whatever else bite.

If i have enough time i will fish the ocean side for witing.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hey Catman, good luck with the marlin, remember catch take a picture and enjoy. I want to see the picture.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OC SPOTS

wrong way leave the surf alone this time of year wait till the kids/misses go to sleep get some jigs from 1/2 to11/2 and some rubber and bucktails and jig the bridge its the best fishing down there if your into the bait thing get some peeler and squid for croakers and believe me they bite better at night for size the peeler will get others attention also rock/trout and drum i havnt been down in about a month but we killed them on bass assins and zooms in albino . almost all the action was at the end of the flood and through the ebb .hint fish with the peeler as the tide is creasting near the draw and you should get a good bite (make sure you have live peeler and just cut in half rock/trout and drum that was a month ago but they should still be there good luck !!and hope this helps !!ZOOM;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gwaud;
Two questions. 1, Are you going to eat these blow fish?
2; What will you use for bait to catch them?

I never caught a blow fish but I am willing to give them a try. Good luck with the fishing in OC. I will let you know how I make out in the DE Bay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
BAIT SHOPS

WW sorry i missed on the bait shops there is a shop a block off of the bridge towards the inlet its skips or theres jj at the oceanic peir he always has eels or across the bridge towards salsbury on the left corner called delmarva sports center i havnt been down for a month and i recall them saying somthing about a move but cant confirm . if at all posible try to find live peeler i was out fishing the guys with frozen 10 to 1 ake marine is behind delmarva ss with a couple more shops in there i just dont remember the names !!good luck and we want details when you get back~ZOOM

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Eating Blowfish........

They are some tasty eating guys! You need a sharp knife and a pair of pliers. You have to skin em like a catfish, hence the pliers. You get a piece of meat like a shrimp and it tastes a whole lot better..........:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
PRKING

parking is a free for all!! there is a littlle lot on the oc side for i think 4 or 5 cars with meters check that or you can park off to the side of the road and hike all the way to the other side where the fishing is best i think if you go to skips he will let you prk next to his shop for a fee im sure if you do prk along the road make sure your out of there at the posted time i have seen cars towed i think its like 12:00 till 5am you cant dont quote me !!ZOOM

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mole

The bait of choice is squid. if you use a thin 1/4 inch strip you can get them to take it with them cuz it fits in the mouth and if you use bigger they will chew on it. its a funny sight. they bite very light and have small mouths. they dont always take a bait because of their teeth are like a solid plate - 1 on top and 1 on bottom. you will probably go thru several pieces before you get the hang of it.

The way I clean them is something like catfish. With a sharp fillet knife I make 1 cut around the back of the head the expose the flesh, then just pull the skin off with your hands. since the skin is rough you can grip it. the flesh looks like raw chicken not like fish. after that dip it, cook it and eat it. I like them either grilled or fried.

If you wanna meet up down the ocean I wont be hard to find.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
WW...Here's a local web site that has some excellent info for fishing OC:Sue Foster Fishing . Between the info you've already received and this you shouldn/t have any trouble catching some fish. I'm going to target stripers form Shanty Town at night using live eels. Good luck and have some fun.

Catman.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
catman i found out if you fish the 50 bridge section right in front of shanty town you make out better. We catch plenty right there. from there you can cast to shanty town and up/down the bridge pillings. We had always has good days on stripers, trout and blues.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts