Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Depending on how cold it is, your best bet would be to trout fish a deep slough along the beach or try Ft Macon. Use some type of jig/plastic fished slowly in the slough or a mirrolure fished slowly near the jettys at ft macon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Depending on how cold it is, your best bet would be to trout fish a deep slough along the beach or try Ft Macon. Use some type of jig/plastic fished slowly in the slough or a mirrolure fished slowly near the jettys at ft macon.
What Mud said!

Also, if Ft. Macon doesn't work out, you can try the little pier on radio island. Use Gulp shrimp (white, natural), or live minnows. Fish it slow! to the point of just letting it sit there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've been skunked on my last two trips to Ft. Macon/Atlantic beach...don't know if I can stand it out in the 13 degree temps the day will be starting at on Saturday, so this weekend is looking like a bust too. Though I might try my hand at Radio Island first thing to start the day off...if I make it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.