Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! A family member told me about this site and I am enjoying reading all the info you guys have here.

Anyway, me and the family are heading to Topsail on Monday for one last blast before school starts. We are staying at my wifes aunts house which is about 1/2 mile North from Herrings Bait and Tackle.

Hopefully the fishing will be pretty good and I can post a report when I get back. I did read on another site that some spots had moved into the surf and were getting hooked up two at a time. If any of you want to drop by, I'll be fishing out of the public access lot just a few hundred yards past The Surf condos. I'll have on a Columbia Outdoors hat and probably some cold ones in the cooler.

Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
welcome to the site...

haven't been keeping up with the catching going on the past week as I've been @ss deep in preparing for the SF Shrimp Festival this weekend... you oughta come on up a few days early and hit the festival...

any rate good luck with'em... the weather's showing isolated/scattered thunderstorms all week cept for 2 days supposed to be cloudy... a high of 90º all week... :cool:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hello everyone! A family member told me about this site and I am enjoying reading all the info you guys have here.

Anyway, me and the family are heading to Topsail on Monday for one last blast before school starts. We are staying at my wifes aunts house which is about 1/2 mile North from Herrings Bait and Tackle.

Hopefully the fishing will be pretty good and I can post a report when I get back. I did read on another site that some spots had moved into the surf and were getting hooked up two at a time. If any of you want to drop by, I'll be fishing out of the public access lot just a few hundred yards past The Surf condos. I'll have on a Columbia Outdoors hat and probably some cold ones in the cooler.

Hope to see you out there!
Welcome TopSailSurf.

Give him your best guys, he is my nephew.

Now go get some pullage and good luck at Topsail this week. And give my love to the wife.

Tightlines :fishing:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Rockfish, we are going to be eating at River View Cafe one night while we are there. Tell me about this Shrimp Festival, you've peaked my curiousity. That sounds like something I could really enjoy.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
you'll be right around the corner from my place at the Riverview... good food...

all day today till 11:30 and from noon to 6 pm tomorrow... wine, women and song and 75 craft vendors all in one location... :D a great big ole party, fireworks tonight and a street dance afterwards... Dixie Driver plays all afternoon tomorrow... and all the bud products a fool cares to drink both days... :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts