Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all.....i am new to the board and just wanted to introduce my self....im from nyc and love to fish.....i always go down to norfolk in the summer......my mothers husband is in the navy so we go a few times in the summer....we went about 3 weeks ago and we stayed at the ocean view hotel and i fished off the beach....
that trip i came home with a cooler full of spot and croaker and about 8 snappers.....we stayed 5 days and i caught well over 100 fish all in the night starting around 6:30pm ... next week we will be there again and i wanted to try harrisons one night and sea gul pier......

·
Registered
196 Posts
Heck of a catch you had on your last trip. Hope you do well this time too. Post a report on your trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey kurt.....yea that was some catch...but it was between 3 people....it was me and my younger sister and my girlfriend who did not want to fish at all untill i told her to hold my rod while i get something from the cooler and she starts screaming " hury something is tugging" so i told her to reel it in and she was hooked after that......made me very happy cause she never fishes with me. i forgot to mention in the 1st report that i also landed and released several short fluke from 10 inches to 16. i was wondering if you can chum from the surf.....????? anybody??
i go on the party boats in nyc.....we go for night blues. last time i went i had my limit of gorrila blues ranging from 12pounds to 18#
for the night i ended up with 26 blues and 3 sandsharks wich where released to fight another day....

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think you can chum from shore in Norfolk. Once you get to Virginia Beach, no chumming within 500 yards of the shore line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts