Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed over to jdolfin's to cook out in the back yard and throw some top waters in crane creek. Hope the water warmed up from the sun beaming on it all day .:cool: Let you all know how we did there later .:D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Good Luck! :D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hotdogs and Marshmallows over the campfire , good conversation and warm temps . Thats what I am talking about . Made for a nice PM on Crane Creek . Mullet everywhere pelicans tearing them up relentlessly .
Used some top water plugs but no luck. But it wasn't due to the plug not being life like . One pelican actually took a dive at the mullet look alike and just about swallowed it . Had to reel him in and did manage to get him unhooked and good to go , he will live to fly another day . Landed a few cats on dead mullet but thats was it for the evening . Back to the grind in the AM .:(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Kozlow.....got me a gull last summer........not very fun untangling/unhooking a bird thats really freaked out.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Fatback is not been the first and not the last .
I even had one break my poll on the beach because I had the spike so far down in the sand the drag was not set well and he broke the rod at the butt and snapped in 2 . Took it back to wally world for a replacment and no charge still under warranty . They did ask how it had been snapped in 2 and I told them how would you fill that maybe the biggest fish of your lfe just got away due to the poll breaking .:p What I do to the birds when they get snared up is throw a towel over their haeds as soon as they get close enough and that calms them down enough to untangle them .

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
What I do to the birds when they get snared up is throw a towel over their haeds as soon as they get close enough and that calms them down enough to untangle them .
Good tip Koz, had never caught a bird before last summer. Had a commerant(SP) dive down an pick up my bait an hooked him in th beak. Was fooling with him an he bit th chit outta me. A oldtimer walked down an tossed a towell over his head an he calmed right down.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Good advise...thanks....will try that if it happens again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts