Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm heading to va beach on 9/27 and want to try some surf fishing. I'll be around 55th at. Has anyone surf fished up there that can give advise on what to use? I'll be there all week, and don't mind wakin at the ass crack of dawn. Thanks. I do have a kayak but I'm thinking it's gonna be too rough to try it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, I'm heading to va beach on 9/27 and want to try some surf fishing. I'll be around 55th at. Has anyone surf fished up there that can give advise on what to use? I'll be there all week, and don't mind wakin at the ass crack of dawn. Thanks. I do have a kayak but I'm thinking it's gonna be too rough to try it out.
Do you have decent size heaver rods? Youre gonna need em with this wind, and heavy leads, anchor weights. Your best bet maybe would be to fish inside the park on 64th street on the land side, only costs a couple bucks to park there and the wind should not be too strong and you could fish lighter tackle, IDK if the fish are back there tho. If you do brave the surf, use some cut baits like spot and mullet, the drum are moving now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.