Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating on whether to go to Matapeake or Severn River Bridge.Which will be the better choice ?

MC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Went to the Narrows a few times today, luck with little (13" - 17 stripers and some blues, but on a Friday night might get crowded as can Matapeake. Usually hit either one fairly late on Friday/Saturday, or just go to the community beach on the bay for some "solitaire" fishing. Let me know what you decide, Matapeake, can be there in a minute. Still got me some bunker, but if I don't slow down, I'll have to refresh for tomorrow.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Shaggy

If you are coming out to play then me and my dad will head to matapeake. I've never been there before so we could meet up somewhere and head there. Let me know whats up...........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Let me know when you are leaving,you probably have what 30 - 40 minute drive? So, when I hear your leaving (let me know how long it'll take ya) and if it takes you forty minutes, I'll leave thirty-nine minutes after you. If nothing happens, we could always try the Narrows, but the currents can be a pain, or if crowded, we could try the community area over here.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im leaving in 30 minutes

im loading up the truck now. give me a point of interest to meet you at. I dont want to get lost..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
How long does it take you to get to the bay bridge? Let me know, and check PM for directions and I'll sit on the right side of route eight prior to park entrance (cream Jeep). Right now I am shooting down to the store to get my wife some smoke. But I'll be back in five minutes, unless I hear from you before I leave.

Get back ASAP

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It gonna take about 35 - 40 minutes

We should be there by then. Im driving a 89 2-tone blue chevy suburban. I got the directions. My dad would rather go to the Narrows. Would that be better than the Peake???

MC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Narrows it is. Now the meet up place. After you get over the Bay Bridge, pass the first exit (Route 8), move to right and take that exit (I believe it is Thopmson Creek). Gas station on both sides, believe it's a Crown station on right. I'll be waiting there cream Jeep Tan softtop. Post when you leave, I'll give you about 30 minutes and meet you at the station. Live right off of route 8 so "quick trip" be number 4 to the Narrows today, but heck, I was off.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Personally prefer Narrows to the Peake, but it is just a "personal" preference. Getting my wife some smokes, and should be at the crown station say ten of nine. from there just minutes. Have bunker peeler and I'll see about some soft crabs in freezer.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leaving out now

Going to pick up bait and we are on our way. See you in 40 to 45...........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Whats going on here?

MC you ain't backing out on the clean up are you? Remember you'll be up all night Sat.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Heck Hat, I am and ol' fool (and now my oldest daughters said I was crazy), but, figuring on fishing til midnight one ish, gettin up (probably need to pick up some more bait) tomorrow morning go to work, and the the Tank. If this ol beachbumb can do it then others should be able, 'eay?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah but,

your a old deadhead. You got a touch of grey, I don't know about MC and Pops...See ya soon, Tightlines

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well heck, "I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride". See you tomorrow, and I won't hide any fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts