Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Noticed the lights are out at the Gloucester Point Pier last night. Does anybody know if the lights will remain off until next spring? Or will they come on for the weekends?

Jacob

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hmmm. They're usually on all year. At least they were last year. I might be out there tonight, so I'll post up if they're on or not.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. They're usually on all year. At least they were last year. I might be out there tonight, so I'll post up if they're on or not.
Thanks. I'm considering going tonight as well, but don't want to go all the way there to find it dark.

Jacob

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Well, they were off at 9:30 when we headed out on Saturday night. I guess they're off for the season, but I'm going to send an e-mail to the Gloucester County folks to find out.

E-mail sent ;) I'll post if I get a reply.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Alright folks, here's the answer:

"Yes the lights ARE off for this season. I have noticed of late, that very few people are using the fishing pier, especially on weekends when I thought there should be a fair number of fishermen. As a means of trying to save a little money, I have turned the lights off for the season. I will discuss with our staff the possibility of turning the lights on for the weekends through Stripper season, December 31st.
Thanks for sharing your concern.

Chris Smith, Superintendent of Parks"

I think that's a fair compromise. Everybody's budget is tight, and honestly if no one is there, why keep it lit up. That pier has a ton of lights and I'm sure they draw some juice.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Understandable that he would want the lights on in stripper season. If your having any fun with them when the lights are off, it will cost you dearly...

·
Registered
58 Posts
When i was going back to gloucester i noticed that the lights were on around 6pm so maybe theres hope for you guys that wanna fish at night there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Haveing grown up fishing up there i think thats nice that the Superintendent of Parks"responded to your questions wouldn,t see that from anybody on this side of the water fought that fight a couple of drum seasons at LIP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts