Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were on last night around midnight. I went to Yorktown to see if anything fishy was going on, but no takers. I guess they decided to keep the lights on for the weekends, which was pretty nice of them. Hopefully some folks make use of it, although it was pretty nasty out there last night.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I saw them on at about 6PM on Wed. evening when I went over the bridge. Sure looked like a good place to catch some stripers.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably the easiest way would be to drive down until you get to West Point, then take route 30 over to 14, then 14 to 17 south. Once you get down 17 to Gloucester Point, at the last light before the bridge turn left, then turn right at the first road and follow it to the water. You could also drive down 64 until you get to Billysburg and take the Colonial Parkway over to to Yorktown and cross the Coleman. The pier is right under the Coleman Bridge off to the right.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Take I-64 to the Fort Eustis Exit RT-105. Take RT 105 towards Yorktown (effectively turning left off of the interstate). Turn left on RT-17. Go over the Coleman Bridge (paying a $2 toll. Turn right at the fist light after the bridge. Turn right at the next intersection. Follow the road past VIMS and the pier will be on the right. You can see the pier from the top of the bridge.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad I'm stuck here in Buffalo for the week. Looking forward to the weekend.

Jacob

They were on last night around midnight. I went to Yorktown to see if anything fishy was going on, but no takers. I guess they decided to keep the lights on for the weekends, which was pretty nice of them. Hopefully some folks make use of it, although it was pretty nasty out there last night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been fishing there around this time of the year the past couple years and caught a bunch of 15 - 17" schoolies. None big enough to keep.

Have not been there this year but would not expect anything over 17" to be caught there.

Hary
:fishing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts