Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over my short time as a P&S member, I feel that I have taken much from this site. As a very small token of my thanks for all of the info I have gotten from all of you I have decided to hold a lottery of sorts. On Monday November 10 at 3pm I will select a person at random from all of the respondents to this thread. The selected person will recieve the package of Storm WildEye Shad and the Rapala Husky Jerk pictured in the attachment below. How do you enter? Reply to this thread. I pay shipping and everything. Free is good. Thanks for everything guys.

Ps. If anyone knows how to make this a picture rather than an attachment, let me know.

Thanks guys and gals!! :D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hey its always nice to see somebody giving back. Sounds like that stuff might work real good for the stripers here in Lake Hartwell if I was lucky enough to win it, since I'm so far from the suds.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sometimes I can just Copy & Paste photo's into posts, other times nothing seems to work. This is one of the "other" times.

It probably has something to do with the formatting, but I don't do it often enough to remember from one time to the next.

The link opened right up, no sweat.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Always good to give back, but don't forget that you have already given. Wouldn't really know how to use the dang things as I am more of a bunker guy out on AI. The exchange of knowledge and friendships is much more important than material things, but your heart seems to be in the right spot.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Those are some good lures there. Whoever wins em will be happy!:D

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thats mighty nice of you OldBay to want to do something such as this.
Hope the info helps you out.

Has Hat 80 explains:

There are two ways to post your pictures.
As you are a supporter you can upload photos to this site. Look below the text box when you make a post and you'll see (Attach file: Maximum size: 102400 bytes) click on the browse button and go to your file.

The best way is to use your own ISP. Most internet service providers offer you free webspace for homepages and photos ect.

Go to your ISP's homepage and there should be some kind of tool to help you make a homepage and upload your photos. After you have loaded the photos on your webspace use the IMG button above to post your photos. Also when you use your own webspace you can post larger files. Hope this helps...Tightlines

http://www.pierandsurf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5409&highlight=How+to+post+pics

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Giving something back...

Really nice of you to give something back. I think it would really be great if everyone could put together such a package that we could give to someone who can not afford such lures and present it to them. We could take nominations from members who feel they know someone really deserving of some new tackle but who could not afford it otherwise.

Good idea though - just think it would make more sense to give it to someone more deserving than a random pick.

Please do not enter my name - I have enough stuff to last me forever! ;)

I'm willing to "ante" up for a donation myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
COUNT ME IN

but if I'm lucky enough to win, send it not to me but to Leaddraft. I believe he's still recovering from the theft. and it seems he loves to fish

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey OB, I second the leaddraft thing, he did lose his stuff, and I'll ante up for the shipping and handling. Should give to one in need, so if I'm lucky, send it to him.:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deffered Entry

Feel free to deffer your entry to someone else who you feel would need or appreciate the free lures more than you, i.e.

I would like to place my entry on behalf of ________.

I would certainly support a "holiday gift basket" of sorts for those members in some degree of need. Good idea SandCrab.

Good luck to all. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
OldBay, very nice of you to do this for people who helped you,it's not that I don't want to win but there is one person that should win and that is Axon that had his equipment(grew feet and walked away) and so far away from his home and family(P&S) my vote is for Axon,that's if I should win.:D TRIGGER

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Old Salt Thanks for you kind action it's people like you that make this site a joy.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I think you mean OldBay instead of Old Salt. :) Anyway this is a very nice gesture. This is why Pier & Surf is the best fishing site around. Good info, good friends, and great reports.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Sorry for the typo old Bay hard typing one had and sometimes I cut and paste the wrong thing.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts