Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my cousin went camping and we were planing to go fishing but we forgot all of our rods. We had fishing line, hooks, and sinkers. We had a 8 pack of gatorade, and since we were hungry we needed some food and decided to find a way to go fishing.

We chugged the gatorade and since gatorade bottles have a big dip between the cylinder part of the bottle and the upper part. We put line in that dip and put on the hook, and sinkers and we had some water balloons( dont know how it got there ) but those were our bobbers.

If you hold the cylinder part and kinda toss the bottle so the string unfurls at the upper part of the bottle. It flys out just like a regular fishing reel. And reeling in we just did it by hand, tried to find a better way to reel in. But the hand method was the best one.

We fished off some half fast and slow moving stream or sometin. Caught a lot of sunfish, some catfish, and some diff types of carp, no bass...Only ate the sunfish...

It was a great way to pass time, even tho we didnt catch big fish, the gatorade challenge and catching those tiny sunfish gave us hope to try and get bigger fishes, and since the water was clear, it was reallly fun.

SO if your stuck in the middle of no where and there is water and u got a gatorade bottle and some string...and some hooks...its straight. U can use rocks as weights so yea...and string idk sock string shirt string w/e

Just letting everybody know might help in survival if your ever stuck. =)

instead of a limited stick with a string method this way u can cast like 12 feet or more. Unless u can find a 12 foot stick then w.e

happy fishing or w.e you guys all say
tight lines or sometin.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
hmm.. never thought about that.
the deep indent on a bottle would be the spool lip on a spinner...

nice observations! A+!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
go to a public pier or jetty here in the upper chessie and you'll see a lot of this method...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
ya improvise, overcome and adapt. Good thinkin. way to go.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
You're making a mockery out of a site that some of us really enjoy!! You made the mistake of keeping an illegal drum, now this??? I just don't get you LARGEMOUTH.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Then TW (Tiger Woods) gatorade bottles cast further. :p

Also, in Europe, they have different colors of gatorade not avaliable in the US. You can order the liter size bottles from Beal's in the UK. Unfortunately with the economy they are $27.95 US per bottle plus $14.50 US shipping. You can have them sent overnigt for $34.95 US. :spam:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
983 Posts
NO SIR not illegal at all, its no different from using a hand line, you just have somethin to attach your line to, and drawinout, you seriously need to chill bud, as far as the illegal drum thing goes yea everyone makes a mistake now and then, but LARGEMOUTH aint doin nothin wrong by postin somethin like this, he is tryin to help share a tip that he learned from experience, aint that mostly wut this sight is about? sharing wut we find to work with other fishermen to help eachother get better at the sport? no its not the main type of fishin we talk about on here, but so what? if i post a thread about noodeling on here are you gonna try and bad mouth me for it? everyone deserves the chance to share, if you got a problem take it up with sandflea, im sure he would be happy to help you with it

Keep up the good work boys, keep sharein the experiences and tips
tight lines and God bless to all :fishing:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol yea i was just posting to help ppls out seems like a lot of people already know how its done.

And drawinout
i already said i was sorry, and i didn't know u can all go check out the thread on it...but it has like 70 posts the matter was already discussed...and im sorry...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
lol yea i was just posting to help ppls out seems like a lot of people already know how its done.

And drawinout
i already said i was sorry, and i didn't know u can all go check out the thread on it...but it has like 70 posts the matter was already discussed...and im sorry...
Yeah, I need to bite my tongue sometimes. I think I gave you some crap on the old thread, so I had no reason to bring it up. I also shouldn't have said you were making a mockery of the board. You were just telling a story, and I was a jumpy jerk. I apologize. I blame it on the fact I haven't been fishing in over a week. My fault.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good on ya drawinout! way to cowboy up and apologize, it really does take a true man to admit when hes wrong (trust me I have a hard time with it :rolleyes: )
Tight lines and God bless bud :fishing:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The "Good Ol Boys" in the deep South been fishn that way for years, I think they call it "Juggn",,, when the Jug goes down ya gots a feesh on da line :D Oh wait Juggn could be what they are doing while fishing :beer:,,, either way they use Jugs while fishn :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Then TW (Tiger Woods) gatorade bottles cast further. :p

Also, in Europe, they have different colors of gatorade not avaliable in the US. You can order the liter size bottles from Beal's in the UK. Unfortunately with the economy they are $27.95 US per bottle plus $14.50 US shipping. You can have them sent overnigt for $34.95 US. :spam:

:popcorn:
thats the saltwater surf fishing model:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts