Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the gear for this AM,s shark fest at the surf in Indialantic Florida.
Hopefully will hook up with JAWS and post a PIC when I return.
Going to the Indian River to catch some live mullet for bait and then to the surf I will go.
You all have a fine day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Big K, What kind of rig are using for the sharks?? How do you set it up, and what hook size do you like ?? Thanks Jim

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late report fishin Mel Beach Surf South A1A . Got the lines in the water about 5:30 after a no bait date at the Indian
River . West winds had the water to choppy .
Had to make a trip to Wally World to get some frozen Spanish Sardines and Mullet.
High tide 8 ish . Water clearity not to bad and the waves 3 to 4 feet. Had one good hook up and saw a 4 foot flash out of the water and the rod go down but that was it could not ID it and he spit the hook . :(
Was there till about 11:00 and went to the pool the rest of the PM enjoying the beautiful afternoon and catching some rays. :cool: Did enjoy some all you can eat Crab Legs and Prime Rib at the Hilton Hotel for dinner. $20 bucks can't beat that .

jbrown / Do not know what I like as of yet due to the fact that the bugers haven't made it up on to the beach yet.
:confused:

But what I have rigged up is a basic live line rig with a # 8 hook and 70 LB wire about 5 ft to the hook.
Something like this: http://www.tournamentcable.com/pgs/catsearch.cfm?itemcat=SHK

·
Registered
210 Posts
Any luck KOZ??? Agree with the wire--big hit 2 days ago-pole bent to sand and line cut just above the hook. 8o# mono shredded-used Bluefish head.. Also think hit on big ray. Never caught one, but spent about 2o minutes of trying to bring the heaviest wet rag I ever caught, only to have the hook straighten and bye bye. Didn't take out my drag--does this sound like a ray.

Broke ranks and went out in boat-about 1/4 mile out from Bonsteil Park. Still have blisters and sore arms from 10# Jacks. Not sure if I want to tackle these guys in my Kayak-long ride or short dump, then long swim!!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flistell
You never know what might be down in the depths. :confused: : :confused: But if it felt as you descibed it sure sounds like a ray. :(
Gonna try the beach in the AM again . :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts