Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up for a new season for fishing and looking for a new rod or combo for throwing jigs and sometimes other artificial while fishing inshore from my kayak.

I target reds, flounder, and trout.

I already have a set-up for my Carolina-rig and one for my popping cork.

I have a Penn Battle II 4000 to match to a rod and I am looking at a 7 ‘medium, fast action St. Croix Triumph Inshore spinning rod.

I am also looking at a Penn Battle III 3000 spinning combo or Penn Fierce III 3000 combo.

Any experience, suggestions or recommendations? I would like to the keep cost under $150.00.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Howdy Woodrow! Have you ever tried Saint Croix Moho rods ? Also love the Okuma inshore rods too! A lot of the guys use the 7‘6“ versions, that way they can use them on the yak and on the shore! I’m sure you could pick up a quality Okuma rod new for less than $150. Don’t discount secondhand tackle or gear either! Some of my favorite things have come from flea markets and even the trash LOL!
amazing what you can find at a yard sale or fishing flea market! And I don’t know where you’re located but it’s that time of the year where are we are lol!

EA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.