Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those thinking of putting it off or haven't gotten one yet should get one. The flu going around this year is really bad, had two people die this week from it and more expected. Talked to a few doctors and they say the main problem is it's a new strand of the flu virus and they can't find anything that will effect it. Be carefull out there fishin this winter!

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
wish i had gotten a shot.

mine hit right as I was in the layaway line at Walmart. Had been in line for a really very extremely outrageously long time and finally made it up to within view of the layaway registers. Then wham! Got that off balance feeling. Thought it was from not sleeping the night before. Til the stomach started sending out distress signals. Then went the clear vision. Didn't need it to happen then. I just had to be a trooper. No way was I going to admit defeat when I was so close to the front of the line. If I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the register..........I would have done so. Only thing that tops a bad case of flu is having to give up you spot in line only to have to return another time...........and start over at the back of the line. Deadline dates for layaway pickups have arrived. Thank goodness I was able to weather the storm.

Guess I'll get back down on my hands and knees now. Time to crawl back to the couch, lol. I know it's around here somewhere. Oh my spinning head.

Hope not many of yall have to experience the flu this year.

Later!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope ya get better soon Thrifty Angler. Make sure you get your rest.

my boss at work has it real bad, she decided to keep trying to make it to work only to run herself down and now is spending time in the ICU :(

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
Afraid I might be getting that nasty flu thingy too. Talk about can't winning.:)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Thanks sharkbite

I'm up and down these days. More down though. Drinking my fluids and inhaling the aroma from all the good food I am missing. Didn't know how bland crackers were. But I sure am glad to have em. Beats fasting.

And I thought Algebra was the worst thing my son ever brought home to me from school. Looks like I was wrong.

Thanks again

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
That's horrible, Thrifty. Take it easy and keep an eye on that fever. If it goes over 103, get to an emergency room.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Not let it get over 103?

I sure hope that 104 reading I saw yesterday was a hallucination. Could have floated to the ER as dizzy as I was then. Got my best bud to keep things under control.......Tylenol. The real deal.....not a generic. Seems it's keeping it under control. Trying carefully to keep track of that 24 hour time frame. Don't need to overdose on that stuff.

Not sure though if it's the fever that has me dizzy or whether it's from the constant misting I'm giving myself with Lysol. Trying to keep from passing it on to mom. Still have to take care of everyone around here. Glad they don't mind breakfast being served at 2 pm.

Thanks sandflea

BTW: Does getting the flue once in a season make one immune from getting that strain again during the same season?

Thanks

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Yup. Exposure confers immunity to that strain. Same idea behind the flu shot.

If your kids get it, you're in the clear from getting it again. Problem is, the bugger mutates from season to season so new strains pop up every few years and we get sick all over again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts