Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I have read where the Asian tigers are a potential threat to native shrimp species due to competition for food and possible predation on the smaller local shrimp. Google pics of these beasts...they are massive.
Can one of you SC fellas set up a pin rig with one of these Tiger Shrimp sometime and put one out of a pier? Please video it or at the least take some photos of and describe whatever comes along and eats it?

I am pretty sure Cobia, Kings, and Tarpon might find these Lobster impersonators from the Far East of interest..............if not at least feed one to the Black tips:)

Also since Myrtle Beach is a known tourist trap, please post some photos of the hot tourist girls in their bikinis.........Thanks:) I need to verify if it is indeed a trap...

Hot chicks in Bikinis holding Tiger Shrimp would be ideal from a National Geographic type scientific viewpoint...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well Garboman, I am from Georgia but I will give you my story. I was fishing the Savannah River jetties and cast netted a juvenile tiger shrimp which is about the same size as a very large white shrimp. I put it on the hook and cast it out only to have something huge take the hook immediately. My adversary took off in a rage spooling line like a big King, then broke me off. Whatever it was, was over 50 lbs. Then 2 hot chics from Europe came over to talk to me after watching and having been thoroughly impressed with my feats of nautical manhood.
So, my advice...get some tiger shrimp on the hook in the surf zone anytime you can.
So these two hot chicks from Europe, they were not named "Greta" and "Heidi" by any chance?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.