Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about fishing off Georgia Coast: Still learning about the process, last weekend the fishing was way off from what it has been in the past few weeks. The only differances I could see were a lot off dolphins close to the shore and the shrimp boats working the sound. Seemed like plenty of mullet . Would the dolphins run everything off? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes I think the dolphins scare the game fish. Seems like every time the dolphins come within a few hundred yards of the pier the bite stops or slows. I think sharks crusing the surf also scare off the game fish. Or could be I just don't notice the dolphins when the fishing is good cause I'm too busy fishing and when the fishing is slow I notice more dolphins cause I look around more?
Not for shur but if dolphins are around I catch fewer fish.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
First of all welcome to the board. Yes, dolphins scare the fish as do the sharks. If dolphins come through, I take that time to go ahead and visit the bar or get something to eat. :D

Where in GA are you fishing? I usually fish the Tybee area and I work in a tackle store as well. If you have any questions, give me a holler.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Good to see we have some Jekyll fishing people here as well. Perhaps I shall work my way down there at some point before the end of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.