Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the suds from 6 a.m. till 11 a.m.

had some shrimp I netted up last night. Still couldn't find any sandfleas.

I lost 6 pieces of bait and got 3 throw back whiting. The water was slick. The only thing biting was the no-see-ums. Thank god for DEET

See y'all next tide

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never been checked for one...but there was a posting a few weeks back where someone quoted the regs and showed me that technically you do need one. Like I said though...I have never been checked for throwing a net to catch bait, and theres usually quite a few netters in that area.
Some of them should be checked and fined. Some of them are raping the inlet

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it was Steve0 that pointed it out that scdnr rules state that castnetting for anything other than bait shrimp requires a license

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
never thought of that spot for netting shrimp. thanks for the location(btw theres 2 piers in the inlet, facing the marsh). i might come down to garden city pier next weekend(if my dad has next sat. off).

·
Registered
72 Posts
cast netting

yes it was me . just quoting scdnr regs which state that cast netting for anything other than shriimp requires a license. I guess if you caught some mud minnows with your shrimp you should throw them back. not sure. Steve:fishing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.