Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed down to Garden City on Wednesay. Any word on how they are biting on the Garden City Pier? How about any good public fishing place in MI. Would like to take my 9 year old and let him catch some red's or flounder!:fishing:

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Try the Veterans Pier in MI. At the Captian Dicks Marina/some restaurant (I forget the name), park in the parking lot, walk down to the pier. It's in the inlet, it's not like an open ocean beach. Caught a few flounder down there, you should do good with live finger mullet if they're there. Perry's Bait and Tackle, a few minutes before you get to the pier, should have live FM.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Spot, whiting, bluefish, and black drum are still being caught at the Garden City Pier and in the surf as of yesterday. My brother has not called in a report to me today so that probably means he's not catching anything! :p

Britt

·
Registered
766 Posts
Or hes reeling em in so fast he don't have time to call :cool:

This is my brother we are talking about - not me!!! :D

I did receive a text mid-morning that he hadn't caught anything. I told him he needed to cast further than the suds so he replied 'come on over'!!!

I'll give him some credit though. He was catching some fish yesterday and didn't see many others catching so he's finally listening to his little sister for once! Hmmmm.... maybe it has something to do with the rigs I tied and left for him. :D

Britt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts