Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished the Garden City area July 4th – 6th. July 4th was the best day of the weekend – 2 pompano and 2 whiting. Not a lot of size to the fish but at least it was something! Water was not white capping but waves seemed to crash hard. That day had the cleanest water but even that was a little dirty. I fished from about 7 am – 12 pm. Beach became crowded so I packed it up. The color of the day was pink! All fish were caught on the same rig with pink beads, top hook. Nothing hit the other beads.

Saturday was about the same except the fish, or lack there of. I only caught one huge ray from 7 am – 12 pm – Bryon (my brother) did not catch anything except a sun burn. :D

Sunday the water was really dirty. After catching 2 huge rays, loosing 2 rigs, breaking 2 sand spikes, and still a couple hours until the tide began to fall, I packed it up and headed back to the house! A man that had been fishing said he caught a cooler full of flounder that morning. However, he did not respond nor offer to show me when I asked how big the cooler was!

Fishing was a little slow but I still enjoyed my time on the beach! Can’t wait until I return the end of July if not before!

Britt
These are all different shots of the same fish!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
you know kingfish, those look an awful lot like the pomps she caught last time she was down here........J/K Brit, nice catch.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know kingfish, those look an awful lot like the pomps she caught last time she was down here........J/K Brit, nice catch.
Not really. The others were MUCH bigger! It must be water from the Holston River down from my house that the fish are attracted to! They just seem to jump on the end of my line. :D :D

Thanks guys - maybe next time I will catch more but these fish were good for a few meals!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
sure that's what they all say

<a href="http://watchxonline.com/video/524-King_of_the_Hill_205_Jumpin_Crack_Bass_Its_a_Gas_Gas_Gas.html" title="Watch King of the Hill - 205 - Jumpin' Crack Bass (It's a Gas, Gas, Gas) Free Online">Watch King of the Hill - 205 - Jumpin' Crack Bass (It's a Gas, Gas, Gas) Online Here!</a>

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Great fish Britt! She is a fish catching foooool!!! :D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Purty werk Britt...when ya gonna invite the VA boys to the down south, yer way?,,,I see how it is...jus' dont invite NJ :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts