Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it legal to shark fish from the garden city peir? And what time of year do the kings come around, im heading down may 22nd thrue 25th and wana do some shark fishing, but if i can legaly from the pier, i would love to have a king rig out also! im catching the fever now that the warm weather has hit here in tennessee and am looking forfard to a saltwater trip. Also i will be sleeping in my truck when i go, is there any safe place or place that i can do that

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You cannot "shark" off any pier or beach in Horry County but if one hits your king rig you can fight it and bring it up to the pier as long as you don't gaff it. But you can drive south and once you cross Yucca Avenue you are out of Horry County. You can then bait and fish for sharks to your heart's content. I don't know about fishing off the jetties at Murrell's Inlet, but the next pier to the south would be Pawley's Island. To the north, the closest legal sharking pier would be Sunset pier in NC.

Kings will start showing when the water hits 65-68 degrees.

Evan

·
Registered
390 Posts
You cannot "shark" off any pier or beach in Horry County but if one hits your king rig you can fight it and bring it up to the pier as long as you don't gaff it. But you can drive south and once you cross Yucca Avenue you are out of Horry County. You can then bait and fish for sharks to your heart's content. I don't know about fishing off the jetties at Murrell's Inlet, but the next pier to the south would be Pawley's Island. To the north, the closest legal sharking pier would be Sunset pier in NC.

Kings will start showing when the water hits 65-68 degrees.

Evan
Pawley's Island Pier is no longer open to the public. Its a damn shame too, I have very fond childhood memories of that pier. Now I can't even walk on it.:mad:

·
Registered
149 Posts
ditto on shark fishing, as for sleeping in your truck, well alot of kids try sleeping in their cars and are told it is illegal. perhaps somewhere like walmart parking lot you might get away with it. someone correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
390 Posts
ditto on shark fishing, as for sleeping in your truck, well alot of kids try sleeping in their cars and are told it is illegal. perhaps somewhere like walmart parking lot you might get away with it. someone correct me if i am wrong.
You just had to mention that didn't you ? When I was in high school that is what we did at Pawley's Island Pier. I had a truck with a camper top ( well it was my Dads truck ) we would go to Pawley's Island Pier and sleep in the parking lot and fish, man I miss those days. BTW I graduated in 1971.
I would be very careful about sleeping in my truck these days, not because of the law but because of the hoodlums. If you do it pick your place carefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.