Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn’t find a thread to hijack so I had to start my own. :rolleyes: I fished Garden City this past weekend, November 8-9. No Pompano to report this time. Saturday I think my totals were around a dozen Blues, 8 Whiting, 2 Rays, 1 Blowfish, and 1 Crab. Sunday was more of the same with Whiting and Blues. Here are a couple pictures for size. Besides, what would a thread be without a picture of my feet? :D

Twins – These were the only Whiting that I brought in 2 at a time. I caught several Blues two at a time. First time this happened, I thought I really had something!

Average size for the blues.

Until next trip...

Britt

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Good job on those. I agree with ya Smooth! She definitely knows how to haul em in from the surf. I think it's called puttin those superior skills and that "Holston River Hex" on 'em. :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pompano must be further south. I guess my next trip will be to Florida. Last trip there I limited out in about an hour. The rest of the day was spent catching, releasing, or giving away.

Lot's of structure on that 'flat beach'! One lonley flea was found that made it's way to a hook.

But since you asked about pompano, here's my last catch in case everyone forgot what they looked like! :D

Can you all imagine if I lived in SC and was able to fish all the time how obnoxious I would be?!? :D

Britt

·
Registered
73 Posts
Pompano must be further south. I guess my next trip will be to Florida. Last trip there I limited out in about an hour. The rest of the day was spent catching, releasing, or giving away.

Lot's of structure on that 'flat beach'! One lonley flea was found that made it's way to a hook.

But since you asked about pompano, here's my last catch in case everyone forgot what they looked like! :D

Can you all imagine if I lived in SC and was able to fish all the time how obnoxious I would be?!? :D

Britt
Uh! Beautiful! The most I've seen of Pomps lately was a month or so ago when I managed to pull up through sweat and tears a 3-4 incher.

-=The Prynce

1 - 15 of 15 Posts