Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to inform those who may not know that the size and creel limit changed earlier this year for weakfish / seatrout from 14" and 10 per person /per day to minimum size 13" and 8 per person /per day. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
ifn i aint mistaken ours is 12 inch , 10 keepers you guys even have a limit on croakers dont cha

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
fisherman Steve,How ya doing,I met you at Sandy Point early this summer,you were catching croaker,Rock and I was watching you,after you left that GREATspot I moved in and started to catch alot of croaker and did leave with a nice Rock:D TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
That's right it changed but be warned : There are rangers still going around checking trout and giving tickets for anything under 14". They seem to not have the updated information yet:rolleyes: Prime example was the hoopla it caused last night at the PLO pier. It got pretty heated between the rangers and some fisherman over the revised regs. Until they get the right information they can still write you a ticket but you just have to take it to court and get it dismissed. Sounds to me like a lot of hassle for a 13" trout that has very little meat on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts