Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called and SPSP is closed until the governer lift the state of emergency for MD.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Well hopefully it will open back up for some fall fishing but there is a good chance it won't until next year.:(

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where else can you surf fish beside SPSP - can I expect to catch the some varity of fish during the fall run at the Severn River bridge?

I heard there is a beach across the bridge directly accross from SPSP - any good.

Is Matapeake open?

How far above the water is the Tank pier? Do I need anything different in equipment than from fishing SPSP?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Terrapin Park

Yes, directly across is Terrapin park. The water is really shallow. I didn't do too well there but I have seen someone caught a 19'' striper.

Yes, Matapeake is open and is intact, thank God..

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matapeake Pier

HOT SPOTS - Say the water is shallow at Mata - True??

Is there a beach to fish from or just the pier?

Does it get crowded? Any day/time better than others, as far as crowds and good fishing?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Peake

True, it's shallow. But the corners are good. However, when the tide is moving, the fishies can get real close to the pier.

Nope, no beach. It's basically apier, however, you can fish by the picnic area,.

Weeked is crowded as H%**. Just before dusk is pretty good. But weekday is best as it's not as crowded.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GOT TO FISH

Got to fish some where; it's been almost a week since I went fishing.

Kitopeke SP looks good, but a haul from my house.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had a question about SPSP. Say that it does open in a week or two. Fishing is only allowed during daylight hours right? And how much does it cost to get in the park per person during the fall?

One last question, how deep do you guys consider deep water? While at PLO pier earlier this summer, on low tide, it only seemed like 10 feet deep towards the end of the pier. Is that considered deep or shallow to the majority of you guys?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think that would be considered deep. Matapeake is 4' at the end.

SPSP Hours

May 6, 2003 to May 15, 2003
Day Use - 6 a.m. to sunset
Boat Launching and Fishermen - 6 a.m. to sunset

May 16, 2003 to September 14, 2003
Boat Launching and Fishermen - 24 hour

September 15, 2003 to October 31, 2003
Boat Launching and Fishermen - 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.

November 1, 2003 to November 22, 2003
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

November 23, 2003 to December 31, 2003
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Or until they throw you out I suppose :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks for the SPSP hours reddog. Is it still $3-4 a head to get in the park or $1 per car in the fall? This will be my first fall fishing in quite a while.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Peake

WW,
If it's slow there, give the Peake a try. The blues are plentifull and trout has started coming in. The size of blues is mostly in the 12-13'' range with few monsters in between.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matapeake vs SPSP

Which is better place to fish? It would seem to be about the same since they are not that far apart.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Right now, it's the peake. Usually in the fall, the big blues are plentifull. Right now, the big blues are starting to move in with trouts following them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It depend Orest,
SP used to be great at the beginning of this year. Matapeake had been better recently but you really never know. This storm may have done wonders for SP.

It is still 3 weekdays and 4 weekends until I think Oct 31st and after that it is 1 dollar.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Peake better now.

Thanks.

I take it the end of the pier is the best?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SPSP - Park fees

I bought a season pass and you get the code to enter when there is no attendee.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
REDDOG1 - SPSP CODE

The attendent wrote the code on a piece of paper and it was different than the one on the back.

The one she gave me works.

I never tried the one on the back; I just taped the one she gave me over it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
hook a brother up? Can't afford tuition and $4 a pop to get skunked. When I decided not to get the annual pass I was using the $1 single entrance as a base. I completely forgot about the no overnight after Sept. 15. Sigh.:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts