Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question again...

I see that Fort Story allows civilians to Surf Cast.

Do you have to get some document to do it, or just drive down there and ask permission?

Enquiring minds....

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
634 Posts
just drive up to the base and say..."allah akbar...i have da bomb....let me fish on beach you infidel".......lol..........nah dude...i hear all you have to do is drive up and ask the guards...prob will have to prove your a citizen for atleast....

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Actually you need to get a permission slip. The problem is where do you go. The Guards could not get me there last year, the place I know closed at 4:30.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Th last time I was there working I asked th guards an they told me civillians could not. Then someone on here posted they had fished there. So I don't know what th answer is.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Stop by the guardhouse at the 88th street entrance. Show ID. They will wave you on to another booth where the guard will write a day pass. I've been down at 6 in the morning and 9 at night without problem. Last Thursday, my brother and I show up just after sunset and a pimply faced 18-year-old with an automatic weapon turned us away. He said, "No fishing after dark!" Orders are orders... Other than that, I've never had a problem getting on the base.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kajun said:
just drive up to the base and say..."allah akbar...i have da bomb....let me fish on beach you infidel".......lol
Yes, in my pressed black shirt with an upside down, burning flag!

LMAO!

Thanks all for the answers. I will watch for the 18 year old with the machine gun!

Pro-America Bob

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
fisherman that is how you get on Post. But you still should have the letter of permission. Although you may never be asked for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
FYI, they are looking into making a license to fish fort story. it would be a license that would be issued on post and there would be some sort of fee to purchase license. not sure when or if it will go through (they are going over the legality of it), but i'll post if anything happens. if it does go through, i doubt it will be any time before this summer as it is low on the priority list right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts