Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing the beach area of FT Story (Cape Henry House) last couple of Saturdays, lot's of croakers, small blues, small grey trout and lots of undersize flounder. Did manage to get 4 legal flounder with my 5 year old daughter catching the largest at 26" :cool: She had my sons little ultralight, said she was stuck but kept reeling in. When she saw the fish, she started screaming , "I got a flounder!!!" When I saw it, she had finally dragged it up on the beach. Never in my wildest dreams. Gudgeons were the bait of choice. I did catch a couple other fish, I believe they were stargazers or something like that. Big head with black tipped fins. Thought they were oyster toads, until they buried themselves in the sand.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was at fort story about a month ago. I am not in the millitary but I was still able to get in. All you have to do is show them your driver license and sign a little guest pass. The guard even told me where to fish. I checked out the harbormaster, a lot of people fishing, but didn't seem like they were catching anything. Seems like the fishing picked up recently. Hope this helps.

-addicted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.