Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello heading down for a couple days with my son. Is there still plenty of bait in the surf for the cast net. Also has anyone seen any flea's lately.
Thanks Tim.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There was plenty of bait in the water down there last weekend, until the strong N wind picked up (may have still been there, I just couldn't see it in order to throw a net on it because of the rough surf). I would imagine the bait is back now. Sand fleas were scattered, but I did find some....may only be able to get 2 or 3 in the rake at a time, but with a little work, you'll have enough to fish with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was plenty of bait in the water down there last weekend, until the strong N wind picked up (may have still been there, I just couldn't see it in order to throw a net on it because of the rough surf). I would imagine the bait is back now. Sand fleas were scattered, but I did find some....may only be able to get 2 or 3 in the rake at a time, but with a little work, you'll have enough to fish with.
Thanks for the reply. How was the fishing last weekend?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The fishing was kind of slow for me....a few small blues, pompano and black drum. I just knew that with the weather conditions I'd pick up an old drum, but no such luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The black flies, gnats and skeeters are out in force a few miles to the south of the fort. Bring your bug dope. Haven't been to the surf since Tue. It was sandy out to 100 yards and the surf was rough then. I wouldn't have been able to see bait if it was there. No birds were working within those 100 yards. I didn't see any fleas either. Took my rake and did some digging but never found a one. Fishbites produced 5 inch croakers. Again, that was Tue. and south of the fort. There's still plenty of f/mullet and fiddler crabs in the marsh creeks though, so maybe you'll be able to find some on the back side. Fished the ICW last night from sunset till 10pm. Caught two sharks 3 to 4'. The water was stained but not dirty. The surf should have cleared up by now.
Hope you catch them up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts