Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured that with the approaching front, the fish would be eating before it arrived as the pressure dropped. so i went to the gulf pier in ft. desoto. never been before. arrived at 6 pm with the wind blowing steady. the front had already pushed through. evidently around 330, and at that point the bite shut down. lotsa folks catching spanish early in the afternoon, but when the wind picked up the fish turned off i was told. threw some metal anyway, not even one hit. the longer i stayed, the more grass in the water. didn't see anyone get any, but the whitebait was everywhere. left at 730, disapointed. seemed to be good current and nice depth though, i'll get there earlier when the next front pushes through. should be some small waves from the front tomorrow, so its looking like no fishing and a little gulf coast surfing. never thought i'd miss the new jersey waves i started on.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Shame you didn't beat the approching front. Those mac's would have been mighty tasty sandcasting .:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would have no doubt enjoyed the macs, but i cooked some trout from the weekend, and they were tasty, tasty, tasty. especially since the season is about to close for two months. gotta enjoy them while you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts