Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tested my luck and went out to the pier on base with two dozen nightcrawlers. Fished from 4 pm till 10 pm. The perch were out in force. I couldn't keep em off my line. They were small 3 to 5 ". Got tired of that so I cut a few of em up and chunked em out there. I glance away from my 12 ft ugly and then glance back and it is doubled over. I get it in and it is a 10 lb cat. :D Thats what I was looking for. I hear they get over 50 lbs in that area. Threw em back and ended up catching a 5lber before I left. All in all not a bad night. perch: so many couldn't count, catfish: 10lb and 5lb and had two other monster hits that I didn't get. Now if I can just catch one of those tomorrow and the pool is mine.;)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tonight

Going again tonight to mess around see what I get! I need to get me another big cat so I can freeze it whole and find a way to sneak it in to the next choptank cleanup so I can win the pool!:p That was for you Hat and shaggy:D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Longcaster

You don't technically need a military ID to get on post but you must have a DOD Decal though. If you don't have either you have to go to building that gives temporary passes for the base(1 day pass). You have to show them your registration, insurance, and license. And they usually ask why you are coming on to post. Then you go through gate and get your vehicle searched top to bottom. All in all it usually takes 45 mins to an hour to actually get on post. So where did you fish on post?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Longcaster I think he was saying check my email.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here is the report:

Different tide and conditions different results! Last time on incoming tide I couldn't keep the perch off. This time on outgoing tide couldn't get em hardly to bite. I caught 2 small perch and had 2 big hits on them when I cut them up and casted em out. I would of stayed longer but the lightning scared me away:)

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I have heard good reports now that I started asking around base about it. They actually have 3 piers there on base. The first one is in the basin as you first come down the hill. It is a T shaped pier and not that far out. I have fished there and mostly catch freshwater fish there. I have not caught any perch there yet. The other one is about 1/4 mile down to the left of basin and is a longer pier straight out. No T. That pier I have caught some large cats on and plenty of perch. That is the pier that people have said to catch monster stripers durning the fall off of bunker, perch and bloods. I might try it this fall when I can't make it to the bay. And another pier about 1/4 mile down from that. They have that one blocked off b/c it is not very big and the wood is rotted. They also have the marina that everyone has their boats slipped at. So all in all not a bad place to fish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.