Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got me a pair of these rods while coming back from the UK. Brand new. Never used. Nice 3pc bait rods. 14' long. Roughly 4.6' per section. Equal lengths. Continental style rod for spinning reels. Meaning its longer than standard. Designed for overhead thump casts and easy groundcasts. Not full blown pendulum swings. Easy to throw basically. Easy to fish.

Nice through action, lightweight, hits really nice distances with a good spinning reel. Small enough to pack in a small car and carry around. Triangular butt grip.
14' long, Itll clear over many breakers in the surf when in holder. Sweet spot is 4-5oz.

I like it more over a Daiwa Ballistic just due to the price point, alone. The price of both of these rods cant even buy you 1 Ballistic.

Snapshots with accurate info from Akios website. And picture of actual rod.

$330 shipped for the pair. no lower, this is the last final price i listed on another forum. I was asking for $400.

They sell around $250 brand new locally in the US. So $330 for the pair is a steal.

I never buy single rods, always in pair because I fish with a tripod holder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend got me a pair of these rods while coming back from the UK. Brand new. Never used. Nice 3pc bait rods. 14' long. Roughly 4.6' per section. Equal lengths. Continental style rod for spinning reels. Meaning its longer than standard. Designed for overhead thump casts and easy groundcasts. Not full blown pendulum swings. Easy to throw basically. Easy to fish.

Nice through action, lightweight, hits really nice distances with a good spinning reel. Small enough to pack in a small car and carry around. Triangular butt grip.
14' long, Itll clear over many breakers in the surf when in holder. Sweet spot is 4-5oz.

I like it more over a Daiwa Ballistic just due to the price point, alone. The price of both of these rods cant even buy you 1 Ballistic.

Snapshots with accurate info from Akios website. And picture of actual rod.

$330 shipped for the pair. no lower, this is the last final price i listed on another forum. I was asking for $400.

They sell around $250 brand new locally in the US. So $330 for the pair is a steal.

I never buy single rods, always in pair because I fish with a tripod holder.

View attachment 67430 View attachment 67431 View attachment 67432 View attachment 67433 View attachment 67434 View attachment 67435
Are these casting rods or spinning rods

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these casting rods or spinning rods
sorry didnt see the notification.
this is a continental style rod
so its made for spinning reels.

if you change the guides on the middle and butt section.
you can use it for casting reels if needed.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Eric,

If you will accept $300.00 for the pair, you won't have to ship them. My son lives near you and can make arrangements to meet you. Let me know.

Jim

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Eric,

Thanks for making this purchase go as well and easy as you did. My son is headed down here to VA on Thursday... so I'll have them in hand shortly. Much appreciated!!

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts