Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned the Jordon Bridge before and here it is again. Today, I got caught in a bridge lift coming from Chesapeake to Portsmouth and noticed a boat out there next to the bridge. I thought 'thats one dedicated fisherman in this snow and cold weather'. I couldn't stand it; so, I got out and went over to look. Just as I got to the rail, he set the hook on something BIG. I watched the fight for about 10 minutes and only saw the fish roll one time, but, never got a good look at it. Just my luck ... it was a short bridge lift and some people just don't understand the importance of fishing. Never did know if he landed that fish. Hope he's on our site.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hey Advisor. I checked out the bridge on Monday AM at high tide but the strong W winds prevented tossing anything. Where did you hook up on your fish? Towards the bridge, point or the docks? I saw the "No One Beyond This Point" sign. Does anybody enforce that or can I safely venture on shore to the bridge to cast the pilings?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To; chest2head&glassy
I caught mine standing right next to the fence casting as far as I could toward the bridge. I have seen several caught off the point; but, I've had no luck there. I did find that I would count down the Rattle Trap to 6 or 8 seconds and used a stop and go retreive. That seemed to draw more strikes.
I don't know if they will get on you about going onto the restricted area; but, I have seen them run crabbers off the pier. Heck, all they can say is "Get Out". I also crab there in the summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never fished there but it looked like a good spot. Anybody fish the eastern part of the elizabeth river? I've beeen fishing it fir about 7 yrs good fishn all yr round..stipers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts