Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen any post on how you guys made out at IRI. Hope you did better than the bay folks did. Not many 28" + rock caught yesterday if the lack of posts on the TidalFish boards are any indication.
Sandcrab...I went up to Little Falls yesterday afternoon for some rainbow trout. Got there atound 1:30PM and left at 3:00 PM with my limit of 5. Largest was 19", rest between 12" and 14". Not to shabby for 90 minutes of fishing. I'm heading back up there after work tomorrow.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skimfish....Little falls is out 83 in Monkton. I fish the section where 83 passes over the stream. It's pretty hard to fly fish that section (at least for me). The stream is only about 8 to 10' wide there with a lot of overhanging trees and shrubs. I just float a piece of nightcrawler about 18 below a small bobber concentrating on undercut banks and any structure that might be in the stream. Small spinners such a Mepps and Beatle Spins work pretty well also. There's also a small population of beaver in that section. I've been fishing it for at least 20 yrs and it's my second favorite spot.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Catman,

When you say you got your limit of 5, I assume that you kept the fish? Yum Yum - fresh trout.

Our Saturday fishing trip - We should have went to SPSP, got our fish, and went home.

I was planning on hitting SPSP this Saturday but it looks like rain. That might keep some of the fisherman away and leave the beach all to me. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts